Documents required for filing ITR
Having all the documents you need to file your income tax return (ITR) can making the process easier. Here are the documents you must collect.
- Interest certificates from banks and post office
- Form-16A / Form-16B / Form-16C
- Form 26AS
- Tax-saving investment proofs
- Documentary proofs to claim deductions under section 80D to 80U
- Home loan statement from bank / NBFC
- Capital Gains
- Pre-validation of bank account for ECS refund
- Aadhaar Card
- Collect details of investment in unlisted shares
- Collect bank account details
- Update bank and post office savings account passbook, PPF account passbook
- Salary slips
After income tax return filing, a document is received by you which is ITR V. One has to take a print of that, sign and send within 120 days of income tax return filing to the Income Tax Department.
The income taxpayer can claim for the excess tax to refund through Income-tax return filing. The department will refund the amount to the taxpayer through ECS transfer. It must be ensured that bank details are correctly mentioned in ITR form such as account number, IFSC code etc.
This is no wonder that people get confused while applying for income tax return filing. There are various forms for income tax return filing such as ITR 1, ITR 2, ITR 2A, ITR 3, ITR 4, ITR 4S, ITR 5, ITR 6 and ITR 7. Suitable Form is selected as per the eligibility of the taxpayer. If you are applying for income tax return and need assistance then you can take the help of Enterslice.
No, while filing income tax return there is no need to file any other document. However, documents may be asked by the authorities for the purpose of assessment, inquiry, etc.
In order to prevent any kind of fraud, you should not share your PAN and password details. You can take the assistance of chartered accountants and CA firms for income tax return filing. We have a team of dedicated chartered accountants for this purpose.